Does my IEP or 504 plan transfer to college? F2

February 14, 2023

Video Transcript

Speaker: Dr. Sharmila Roy, Schwab Learning Center at CHC

Does my IEP or 504 plan transfer to college?

Dr. Sharmila Roy: Hi, I'm Dr. Sharmila Roy. I work for the Schwab Learning Center at Children's Health Council (CHC) as a consultant. The question for today is does my IEP or 504 plan transfer to college? No, not necessarily is the simple answer, unless the specific college you are applying to says that they do need it. Although there is no law requiring updated testing in a college setting most colleges will ask for an updated evaluation within three years. This has to be submitted to receive accommodations in college. You will likely need to find and pay for this evaluation outside of a school setting. Also, some accommodations that you received in your previous setting prior to college may not be available in the college setting. For example, the option to take a test verbally instead of a written one. Hope that was helpful.

Produced with Vocal Video